CAP - OCS Crossword Puzzle - April 13th
This challenge is also
available as a PDF
However, the answers must be entered on the web page to generate the UNIQUE CODE to prove you solved it correctly.
4. What name is given to the third phase of the cadet program?
5. Last name USAF Secretary when CAP became an Auxiliary
6. He produced the first design of parachute and helicopter
8. Code name for the first nuclear explosion
c. instrument used to measure aircraft's altitude
d. U2 and SR-71 aircraft serve this type of mission
12. Who is the current USAF Chief of Staff (April 2020)
13. You must have achieved the Earhart award to participate in this activity
15. 1st African American woman in the US to get a private pilot, mechanic and commercial pilot license
16. He won the Schneider, Bendix, and Thompson Trophy races
18. America's longest war
1a. Witnesses testify that he flew & landed an airplane 9 months before Wright Bros.
1c. First African American astronaut
1f. Location of CAP National HQ _______ ___
22. Last name of brothers who conducted first hot air balloon experiment
0. The term used to describe the length of a wing
1. The man who flew 1st powered airplane in Europe was born in this country
2. Instrument used to measure RPMs in an aircraft
3. He received the 1st US Federal Pilot's License.
7. Code name for first Hydrogen bomb explosion: ___ ____
9. This achievement has encampment graduation as a prerequisite
a. A conference in 1884 established this town as the source of reference for time around the world
b. He achieved the fastest manually controlled flight in the atmosphere
e. This achievemnet has graduation from COS or RLS as a prerequisite
f. Current Secretary of State (April 2020)
10. First American to fly an airplane above the 50 mile boundary, qualifying as astronaut
11. Rear edge of a wing
14. CAP is the ____________ of the US Air Force
17. A type of elevator that combines the elevator and horizontal stabilizer into one piece
19. He flew the world’s first rigid dirigible
1b. What is considered the Pinnacle of the cadet program?
1d. CAPR 39-1 refers to what aspect of Civil Air Patrol?
1e. The name of the virus that has us grounded this month
20. Third Cadet Milestone
21. front edge of a wing