CAP - OCS Crossword Puzzle - April 27th
This challenge is also
available as a PDF
However, the answers must be entered on the web page to generate the UNIQUE CODE to prove you solved it correctly.
2. Earned a doctorate in aeronautics at MIT, earned the Medal of Honor, and early instrument flight pioneer.
6. She overhauled her first automobile engine at 13, and logged 5,000+ hrs as a B-29 Fight Engineer
8. This General received the Medal of Honor and was relieved of duty by President Truman
a. He flew the first US Air Mail in September 1911
b. He discovered several objects moving around Jupiter, and named them "Satellites of Jupiter."
e. This famous aviator also helped design an artificial heart.
10. First female passenger to cross the Atlantic by plane AND first female pilot to fly solo across the Atlantic.
12. He set a flight endurance record of 150 hours and 40 minutes in 1929
14. First American woman in space
15. He made the first transcontinental flight entirely with instruments
16. Last name of the first Powered airplane passenger
17. The first 1,000 lb. aerial bomb was named after him.
0. He discovered the relationship between pressure and fluids in motion
1. First female thunderbird pilot
3. Ridiculed in the 1920s, his theories were proven correct & 49 years later, the NY Times issued a correction after Apollo 11 landed on the Moon.
4. He figured out how forces and motion are related to matter.
5. This pilot pushed his wingman's disabled aircraft across enemy lines with his own F-4 Phantom.
7. First WWI "Ace of Aces," Medal of Honor recipient, and president of Eastern Airlines
9. Aeronautical engineer that developed Spaceship One
c. He took fragments of wood and fabric from the 1903 Wright Flyer to the moon.
d. He built a force of 100,000 "flying minutemen" after WWII started.
f. The first man in space
11. The first woman in space
13. This man headed up the US rocket program after WWII