The Omaha Composite Squadron hosted the January 2016 Nebraska Flight Clinic at the Chalco Hills Natural Resources District building.
In attendance were 25 pilots. Everyone arrived by 8am and Lt.Col Dan Peterson, also an FAA Safety Team representative, took charge of the activities. Everyone in attendance was encouraged to join the FAA Wings Safety Program, as this clinic can be used towards the advanced topics credit in the program.
Topics covered included:
- Flight Rules & Regulations – CAPR 60-1 and FAR Parts 61 & 91
- Flight Procedures – Terminal Area Procedures/Flight Planning & Flight Plans
- Flight Operations – Checklists, WMIRS/OPS QUALS/Flight Release & Approved Flight, Mission Profiles
- Safety – Operational Risk Management/Checkrides & Safety Trends, Crew Resource Management/Aircraft Pre & Postflight Inspections
- Special Interest Items – VIRB Camera/FEMA Image Uploader
The new mission flight profiles for FEMA Damage Assessment photography were discussed. These new flight profiles and equipment were on hand for all to see. Some flight training missions will be necessary to bring all pilots up to date on the setup and mounting of the equipment. Slides for the Flight Clinic Are available Below: