The Omaha Composite Squadron has been recognized by the Civil Air Patrol National Headquarters as a Quality Cadet Unit. In order to be recognized for this milestone achievement, each unit is graded against the following criteria:
- Adult Leadership
- Aerospace AEX and STEM report
- Cadet Achievements
- DDR Participation
- Orientation Flights
- CyberPatriot participation
OCS met 8 of the requirements as follows:
- Adult Leadership: Unit has at least 3 TLC graduates on its roster.
- Aerospace: Unit earned the Aerospace Excellence Award (AEX).
- Unit sent in an after-action report on a STEM Kit during the school year for Rocketry activities.
- Cadet Achievement: 41% of cadets on roster have attained the Wright Brothers Award.
- Encampment: 51.2% of cadets on roster have completed encampment.
- Enrollment: Unit had more than 35 cadets listed on its roster.
- Orientation Flights: 63.4% of cadets on roster have participated in at least 1 flight.
- Retention: Unit retained 42% of first year cadets (cadets that joined from 1 September 2013 through 31 August 2014).
Congratulations to the Omaha Composite Squadron!