CAP - OCS Crossword Puzzle - May 25th
This challenge is also
available as a PDF
However, the answers must be entered on the web page to generate the UNIQUE CODE to prove you solved it correctly.
7. U.S. Air Force's first female fighter pilot
8. First female military pilot in the world.
9. First female one-star general of the United States Air Force
a. The first woman in the USAF. She enlisted on the first minute of the first hour of the first day regular women on 8 July 1948.
b. First woman to fly solo from London to Australia.
d. She flew in the Voyager around the world flight on a single tank of gas, without stopping or refueling
e. First female African-American fighter pilot in the USAF
f. First woman to fly solo around the world
11. First female aviator to fly solo across the Atlantic ocean.
12. First woman captain of a scheduled US airline
13. First Ever Female passenger in an airplane
14. the first woman to gain a pilot's license in the United States and first woman to fly across the English Channel
0. She was a pioneer aviator and a founder of the first movie stunt pilots' union.
1. first woman to break the sound barrier
2. first female Secretary of the Air Force
3. She became the world's first licensed female pilot on March 8, 1910
4. The first woman of African-American & Native-American descent, to hold a pilot license
5. first woman to pilot a balloon.
6. She is the first and youngest woman to have flown in space
c. She was the first woman in the United States accredited with flying solo in an airplane.
f. First female combat fighter pilot.
10. First woman to jump from a balloon in a parachute